When it’s cold outside, all we want to do is rug up, put the heater on and eat some lovely warming food, and what better to have with a delicious pie than one of these yummy roast veggie recipes!
Roasted Honey Carrots
Such a simple recipe, but what a fantastic taste to come from so little effort! The Roasted Honey Carrots are dripping with flavour so start your roasting right now:
Here’s the ingredients:
- 2kg carrots, halved or quartered lengthways or 1kg of Dutch Carrots
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine or cider vinegar
And here’s how you make Roasted Honey Carrots:
- Heat the oven to around 200C/180C.
- While the oven is heating, bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Once the pot reaches boiling point, add the carrots, bring back up to the boil and cook for 5 mins.
- Drain the carrots and leave in a colander to steam dry for a few mins, and then toss in a large roasting tin with the oil, honey, vinegar and seasoning.
- Roast the carrots for 30-40 mins.
It’s as simple as that. Then, serve up with your favourite pie from your local Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses, or if you have a better idea for a pie, why not enter our Flavour of Melbourne competition and pick the best flavour combinations for a fantastic new pie.
The Best Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
It seems like the best roast recipes are so simple, maybe that’s why they have been around for so long. Here’s another recipe for what we reckon could be considered the best Rosemary Roast Potato recipe – Perfect with our new Lamb, Rosemary & Fennel Pie – Available online and in store
- 1kg desiree potatoes, unpeeled, roughly cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Rosemary Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of coarse sea salt
Here’s how you make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C.
- Make sure your potatoes are cut into the right size
- Place potatoes, oil, rosemary and salt in a roasting pan, then season with pepper.
- Toss to combine and then arrange in the pan, in a single layer.
- Roast for 1 hour or until golden and crisp, turning halfway through cooking, then, serve up with your favourite pie from your local Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses