Father’s Day is all about reminding your Father why you love him so much… a chance to say thanks for everything he’s done for you!
Show Dad how much you care this special day with a range of yummy treats. A great way of saying, “thank you, just for being you!”. We’ve pulled together a list of some little known facts about Father’s Day.
Did you know that
- It is believed that the word “Dad” dates back to as early as the sixteenth century.
- Sons and daughters send 50 percent of the Father’s Day card to their dads. Nearly 20 percent of Father’s Day cards are purchased by wives for their husbands. That leaves 30 percent of the cards which go to grandfathers, sons, brothers, uncles and “someone special.”
- Halsey Taylor invented the drinking fountain as a tribute to his father, who succumbed to typhoid fever after drinking from a contaminated public water supply in 1896.
- Roses are the official flower for Father’s Day. A red rose is worn in the lapel if your father is living, a white rose if he is deceased.
- Father’s Day is the fourth-largest greeting card occasion of the year.
- Neckties are an old standby and lead the list of Father’s Day gifts.